Monday, April 14, 2014

Scrubbies

Made these babies for a friend. Basically, you buy tulle, cut it into 2-inch strips, tie ends together, and then knit them. I used garter stitch for most texture. And then I sewed the ends together to make them sturdier and easier to handle.
Knitting with tulle is rough - literally. My fingers never got this much exfoliation. But there is a reason I'm willing to go through this torture - these scrubbies are amazing for dishes (especially high maintenance pots and pans). They also do not stink after longer use like sponges tend to.
Neutrals
Brights


I will be making more of these for other friends and even for myself. I still have one I made a while ago - still works wonderfully. But the endless color possibilities make these a quick and fun job that instantly brightens your kitchen.

No comments: