After a productive day at work, I came home and then...
1. Played as many games of McSolitaire as it took to solve one.
2. Then decided to tackle some house cleaning - today's focus: dining room (an often overlooked area in the house). This entailed the following (please note - the only person who'll enjoy this part is maybe my mom):
- Taking items that do not belong on the dining room table and put them into their proper place (ahem... tools used to hang up the mirror weeks ago).
- Vacuuming the rug and the floors.
- Mopping the hardwood with some Bona (biodegradable hardwood floor cleaner) and my Shark steam cleaner.
- Wiping clean all the light switches and outlets (4 of them? In a dining room? Why?)
- Placing my wilting plant in a more sunlit location in the corner across from the screen door. I also got to salvage that old wooden stand that was on its way to Goodwill.
- Removing layers of dog slobber off the screen door.
- Wiping the dining room table and chairs with some lemony wood polish.
|Nobody is allowed into this room - especially you, dog|
4. Ironed hubba's dressy shirt for tomorrow (being a lawyer's wife requires a lot of ironing).
5. Blogged about my accomplished evening. You are welcome.