Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going way back...

Because our 50-year old washing machine started to die a slow and painful death, I had to take my weekly laundry to my mom's last night. She has a super-awesome Bosch unit. And while I waited for the laundry to finish, I decided to devote myself to my favorite past time: knitting. That's when my dad ran upstairs and brought down this picture, circa 1988/89. I was an already skilled knitter at a young age. In fact, I think I was 5 when the magic started. AND... even then I was knitting using the Continental method. I am so cool.
We also dug up another picture of me and my mama. She looks like a proper European model on this one. Can't believe she was younger here than I am today. I need to have a kid.
I was a skinny, tall kid. I think I must have been 3 or 4 here. Mom, do you know? I hated my summer pixie haircut. I looked like a boy. Plus, for some reason, I had no eyebrows as a kid. A regular Mona Lisa child, for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were 4 year old

beartifix said...

Thanks, mom! :)