Sunday, February 20, 2011

The nightly routine

My mornings are so frantic, I decided to create an evening checklist to keep me on track. And I'm so nice, I'm willing to share my now frantic evening routine in 10 steps.

1. Pick out an outfit for work.
2. Charge my phone and my iPod.
3. Pack clean workout clothes.
4. Pack lunch & snacks (for tomorrow, I got a butter lettuce salad topped with lemon zest tuna and oil/vinegar, plus various healthy snacks)
5. Prep ingredients for breakfast (egg & wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on a Thin Bagel)
Tomorrow's breakfast and lunch
6. Check my purse for the essentials (work badge, car keys, phone)
7. Make sure my daily regimen of medicines and supplements is filled for the entire week.
Various thyroid medications and supplements to keep me functioning
8. Cleanse, tone, & moisturize face; brush & floss teeth; get into jammies.
9. Set the alarm, and then read or watch TV & knit until I get sleepy.
10. Kiss my hubby and my puppy good night, and then hopefully get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

How about you? Do you have a nightly routine? Or am I the only freak who has a list of pre-bedtime activities?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ena, I am happy to report that I've added reading your blog to my list of nighttime activities! I love to read in bed till I am nodding off.

Azra said...

Im more of a morning routine person, but I love checking items off of a checklist. It makes me feel accomplished.