Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday festivities - Day 1

Saturday (June 12th) was my 27th birthday. I celebrated at my parents' house with my cousin Budo, whose 37th birthday was the next day.
My mom made a fruity, fluffy cake that was just perfect. We shared some pizza and champagne. And then took the obligatory pictures.
My husband was a good sport. He normally doesn't like taking pictures.
Here are a few with my awesome cousin, who is like a brother to me, and my dear husband, who made it his mission to make me happy on my birthday.
My family is wonderful. I love every minute I get to spend with them.
And of course, it would not have happened without my parents, who I love a lot.
We even had some cyber-guests from Canada - my cousin Rudy and his wife Oici
I love Skype - it allows us all to connect. It truly feels like we are all in the same room. I even got to see my beloved grandma and my aunts in Bosnia that night.
Ahh, technology. And 20 years ago, we thought it was inconceivable that we'd have phones that would allow us to see the other person. :)

No comments: