Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mason's 10th birthday party

Sunday (February 28th) was Mason's 10th birthday. He was born in the year 2000, which was a leap year. He nearly escaped being born on February 29th.

For those of you who don't know, Mason is Jeff's nephew. He is a typical 10-year old. Goofy and active. He likes Star Wars, Transformers, video games, etc. He picks on his little sister, Maggie, who can hold her own.
We celebrated the occassion at Grandma Roseann's house (my mother-in-law), and the quests included grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, cousins and dogs. She decorated the house into a Pirate's theme.
Supper was followed by cake and then opening of presents. The kids were also involved in some fun and messy activities. I found myself at one point surrounded by the little girls who demanded I tell them a scary story - twice.
Maggie, the trickster, blew out the candles before Mason had a chance to, making us all laugh. You see, Mason was always the one hogging Maggie's shining birthday moments, so I can't say it wasn't deserved.
In the above photo, you see my husband and his dad. I'd say they resemble each other. They are also always sitting in the corner sleepy at every one of these family occassions.
We gave Mason a copy of the Wimpy Kid book series - the one he already had. Luckily, I kept the gift receipt for him to exchange it.
He also received some Star Wars Lego kits from us, but he already had one of them. That's it - from now on, this kid is getting cash only. :)
The crowning moment of the night was when Izzy - my mother-in-law's rat terrier - started licking my father in-law's shiny dome.
While everyone else was rolling around in laughter, Jeff was completely unimpressed.

No comments: