Saturday, September 5, 2009

Harvest

What a beautiful September Saturday. I spent most of the day cleaning up around the house and cooking. My husband and I decided to harvest some of the goodies from our garden.
Look at all them pretty colors!
I made two recipes out of the September/October issue of Clean Eating magazine. The first one was this yummy Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread. No fat, no sweetening aside from agave nectar and natural banana/blueberry sweetness. Only 200 calories per slice.
Here is the yummy goodness up close:And for dinner, I used the eggplants, basil and tomatoes harvested this morning from our garden, and prepared the Eggplant Parmesan with Bulgur & Pine Nuts - from a recipe from the same magazine issue. Once again, this plate totals at less than 300 calories, and is packed with fiber (15g) and protein (19g). And it tastes gourmet (at a very cheap price - especially if you grow your own eggplants, tomatoes, and basil).
And now is time for a run around the lake with my goggie.

No comments: