Friday, June 26, 2009

2009 Des Moines Arts Festival

I volunteered again at our city's arts festival. It attracts great artists from all around the country. This year, the art has been exceptionally impressive.Above is the view of the festival location.
I helped set up the booths for the artists. It wasn't open to the public till 4pm, so I got to see all the art without having to deal with crowds.
I also always meet very interesting people at these events. It's definitely worth doing every year.
There was so much different media of art there, from textile, woodworking, mixed media, oils, photography, sculpture, jewelery, etc. My heart aches to own a neat piece of art - and there were so many amazing pieces I wanted. Alas, I can't afford it. So I only admire it from the distance. :(
If you haven't been, I would recommend you go check it out. Next year, it is taking place on June 25-27. I plan on being there again. I have a blast every time.

Now I got to go prepare for the trip to Minnesota this weekend. I won't have internet access, so I won't blog until we get back on Tuesday. But I shall come back with lots of pictures and things to blog about. Yay!

No comments: