Sunday, May 24, 2009

Much ado about a scarf

So today I was meeting my other friend B, let's call her BL, to celebrate her birthday. I got her that gift certificate to Eden, and I finished her scarf. Here it is:Here is me, modeling it.
And here is the birthday girl, modeling it even better. She really liked it and wore it out of the coffee shop into the hot May day. So I know she really liked it. (She's the kind of girl that would not be caught dead looking bad or weird.)
She also took me to Vitae Design Collective, which I found very cool. This is a boutique cooperatively run by five independent designers; Acanthus Apparel, Pink Revolver, Magpie, Barbarella, and rok:her:roots. The boutique also sells art, jewelry, and apparel from other local and independent designers. And the stuff is actually affordable, which is awesome.

No comments: