Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Monkey see - monkey make

A coworker's family member saw a hat on Pinterest and really liked it (and wanted it in all brown, no pom-pom, not as chunky), but didn't know where to find it. A Google image search took me to a Chinese retail website where I could take a closer look. And after some finagling,  I was able to make it as close to the picture and her specification as I could.
The Muse and My Interpretation
I'm rather pretty ecstatic with how it turned out. The pattern is now available on Ravelry. I asked Jack what I should name it, and he just said: "Agani". So that's what we called it. :)

Yay - my first knitting pattern! I've definitely gained confidence in my ability to recreate store-bought stuff by simply looking at it. More patterns will be coming. :)


No comments: