Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Willow cowl

Yes! I completed something that doesn't fall into the routine stuff I perform around the clock.
Having a baby has limited my *free* time. When I'm not busy with him (my favorite time, anyway), I'm pumping, doing laundry, trying to pick up quickly around the house, making/eating food and tending to my basic hygiene needs. Now and then I'm too tired to do anything but just sit and watch my offspring sleep. It's then that I pick up my yarn and needles and marvel at the therapeutic effects of knitting.
Willow cowl
This cowl was made with one of my favorite yarns (Ella Rae Lace Merino). The pattern is fun and easy, but looks elegant and elaborate. I modified the pattern a tad due to yarn shortage. It is light and breezy and the colors go with lots of stuff in my wardrobe. I'm seriously tempted to make another one of these in another colorway. But maybe I'll try to finish some other projects first.

No comments: