Saturday, April 14, 2012

Juicing

My husband's awesome cousin launched her nifty website - figgy & sprout - that's all about healthy nutrition, and has inspired me to get back to eating much better. That includes turning this...
...into this:
The concoction was very refreshing and surprisingly filling. Another surprising benefit is that my cold symptoms went away after drinking two glasses of this stuff (all the vitamin C in that whole lemon, I imagine). I've been intrigued by juicing ever since I saw the Joe Cross documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", but it was Katie that finally fueled me to get a juicer and get going. You should really check out her website. She is so knowledgeable and helpful, and most of all, a total sweetheart.
I plan on following her recipes and also need to dust off my Clean Eating cook books and magazines. There is a new Tosca Reno Vegetarian cookbook coming out, and I'm contemplating buying it.

I got to be healthy and happy to take care of this little fella:
5 weeks old

1 comment:

Katie said...

I heart this! Thanks for the kind words Ena. I didn't realize you had a blog yourself - I'm really enjoying it :) Well done.