Thursday, March 8, 2012

He is here!

Meet our baby Jack. He was born on March 6th at 12:43am. He weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 20 inches long.
Fresh out of the womb
On Monday, I was feeling a little icky at work, and decided to head home a little early. Good thing I did, because as I walked in the house at 4pm, my water broke. We headed to the hospital and checked in at around 5:30pm. By 8pm, I was at about 5cm dilated and received my epidural. When the doctor came to check on me at midnight, she was amazed that he was ready to come out. He was born shortly thereafter.
Perfect little boy
Sleepy head
Labor and delivery were amazingly fast and easy. Unfortunately, I also had a fever during labor, and baby boy's heart rate was a little high, so they took him to NICU to make sure there was no infection. Everything is looking good, but he might stay at the NICU a few days longer just to be sure lab results continue to come back negative. 
My boys <3
Big feet
Peeking at you
Smiling at "majka" and "did"
We are crazy about this little guy. He is so sweet and adorable. He even cries courteously.  Can't wait to take him home.

9 comments:

MsAmanda said...

Congrats to your little family. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your precious gift. He is so addorable!

Rhonda Murphy said...

Ena, little Jack must have heard us talking Monday when we were talking about jobs & how now you can go have your baby! I'm glad everything went quick & easy for you.

Congratulations!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

He is adorable, Ena! Congratulations! Cindy V

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Ena! I have been impatiently waiting to see pictures. He is so cute! Congratulations! - Sherri B.

Megan E. said...

ENA! I was just thinking about you and how I still needed to search for your blog! Luckily it wasn't too hard and the first thing I saw was baby Jack! Congrats I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly and you are all happy and healthy! -Megan

Jennifer said...

Congratulations, Ena. What a smart, sweet little boy!

k2tog said...

Hi Ena! We are so excited to see that baby Jack has arrived. He's so adorable. Tim and I (and the KT gang) can't wait to meet him and to see you!

Alicia Feldman said...

Ena - so excited to see pictures!! Congratulations! Let me know when you are coming in. It sounds like we'll see each other more in your new role. Things worked out well!!

If you decide you have time (HA!)to do some knitting while you are off, let me know...I love your stuff! That metallic Flounce scarf is beautiful. You are talented!

Alicia