Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Gift

I love my mom and dad. They have sacrificed everything for me and my sisters. We  have lived a modest but comfortable life and never lacked anything. So it breaks my heart every time when my parents give us something so lavish and expensive. They are immigrants who came here with nothing and slowly built a cozy life for themselves through will, persistence and hard work. I hope we can be half as good parents as they have been to me. Thank you mom and dad! I love you soooo much!

So yesterday I received an incredibly luxurious gift from my parents. It took my breath away.  It's a Stokke stroller and the best of the best out there. I've only seen celebrities and posh Europeans pushing this stuff around. It is so incredible, I can't quite believe it's ours.
There are two types of seats. One is a newborn carry cot that is so charmingly nostalgic looking, and the other is a versatile seat that carries a child to up to 4 years old. 
The seat is adjustable and sits quite high, which is beyond awesome. It's so high, you can use it as a high chair when out and about. It can also face you or away, something that was important to me. I'd like to be able to take my baby to the farmers market or the art festival next summer and be able to look at my sweetie's face all the while. 
Speaking of using this next summer, the stroller comes with some other useful accessories (mosquito net, cover for rain, shopping bag). I totally love the neutral and elegant color and the sturdy material it is made of.
The wheels turn a full, smooth 360 degrees, the entire thing is incredibly, surprisingly light, and it's so easy to assemble and disassemble once you know all the right buttons.
This stroller is the best thing I've ever seen in baby gear. I am still in awe of it. Hubby and I have been walking it around the house with baby's toys in it.  So there it is, and I guess you can also see our nursery in progress. There is still some decorating and furnishing we need to do, but at least we have all the essentials assembled and ready for use. Baby, we can't wait to have you!

3 comments:

Azra Beganovic said...

The room looks awesome, Ena. I can't wait for its little occupant to, well occupy it. That stroller is really cool and so functional. I know you worry quite a bit about it, but I know that you and Jeff will be amazing parents.

Auntie Amra said...

Ena, you and Jeff truly deserve this luxury for your baby boy! The nursery looks amazing, I can't wait to see it when it's complete, baby and all. :)))

Anonymous said...

wow, this stroller is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!! Way, way, cool. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful family, my dear :) - Belma