Friday, April 22, 2011

Lunch Unplugged

The city had a concert series that allowed downtown employees to attend a concert during their lunch hour and see some local artists. I didn't learn about this until today, which, incidentally, was the last concert in the series. Lee had an extra ticket and invited me to accompany her to see the Nadas, a great local band.
The room was dim-lit and packed. It was a great atmosphere and a nice way to get away from work for an hour. I definitely needed that. (Thanks, Lee!)

1 comment:

Azra said...

Who says Des Moines is lame?! I feel that smaller towns often have a lot to offer, which gets overlooked because everyone seems to focus on size. It's that way in Vichy, too. People complain that there is nothing to do here, but if they would just take a walk outside they would discover so many cool things, as Amra and I have. I miss you so much and I can't wait to get back to appreciate the "small town" of Des Moines with you!