Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A thought on friendships

Those who know me, know that I don't have many friends. I'm not very social. I've always been a loner. Plus, I don't like superficial interactions and feigning interest. But those very few people who I consider friends are extremely important to me. They become so deeply ingrained in my life, they become family. To those few, I'm going to be loyal till the end.
Hmmm... I must have a 'type'
Today I hung out with two of those few people who mean the world to me. I've met my friend S in high school and B in college. Their paths haven't crossed much, but both of them have been solid fixtures in my life. It was nice to share laughs with both of them together. I really love those girls. And I feel that the older we get, the more meaningful these friendships are going to become.
Thank you girls for being patient with my sometime anti-social behavior, and for loving me for who I am. You will always be able to count on me, and I can't wait to see where we all end up when we "grow up". But for now, let's stick with wine, cheese & Netflix at B's fabulous (or S's dumpy) apartment. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah Ennies, I love you too! And I cherish our moments together! It was so awesome to hang out with you and Spomi.
Belma