Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gadget girl

You may already know that I am a gadget geek. On top of that, I am also anally goal-oriented. Hence the endless to-do lists and progress charts on everything I do. But when it comes to cardio exercise, it wasn't just enough to check it off my to-do list.

I needed to know my heart rate, pace, distance, speed, cadence... (yes, because I am such an athlete ::eye roll::).  Treadmills are great for keeping track, but excruciatingly boring. I love to run/walk(/crawl) outside, so I needed something to play with while serving myself as dinner to all the mosquitos in the 25-mile radius.

So yesterday I bought this magical toy. A Garmin Forerunner 305 - a portable GPS with tons of cool features.
I want to go out and run all day, just so I can go home, download my step-by-step peformance and analyze the results. Heck, I can even download my route onto Google Maps and see exactly how many miles it is from point A to point B. My hope is that this will kick my training into gear, because it's only a few weeks until the 5k race I so ambitiously signed up for.

No comments: