Sunday, January 31, 2010

This is what I call hedonism

Maybe it was a food show on TV, maybe it was my sweet tooth cravings, but I decided that from now on, I would like to make a new dessert every weekend - from scratch. I started out with an Apple Crisp recipe from the Williams-Sonoma Fruit Dessert cookbook.
I made a trip to the grocery store to get all the ingredients, and 50 minutes and six Granny Smiths later, the scent of this delicious treat was permeating my kitchen. "Divine" is not even the word to describe how good this turned out. I served it warm with sugar-free vanilla ice cream. Yum!

This weekend was productive in another way, too. I turned this...
...into this. A soft, warm, colorful headband.
The ends are held together by a sweet little button in the back.
You can have a ponytail and a warm scalp, too. And you can have an apple crisp and eat it, too.
Love! <3

No comments: