Thursday, July 16, 2009

Poll results and some more cookin'

The poll is now closed. Four votes for strawberry blonde, three votes for caramel brown. We'll see what happens. :)

But now on to my continuing cooking endeavour. On Saturday I made Taco Casserole. As you can see on the photo, it was a hot mess. But it tasted good.


On Sunday, what was supposed to be Caribbean Soy and Rice Bake became Caribbean Garbanzo and Rice Bake because my husband couldn't find frozen edamame at the grocery store. But it turned out even better than what it could have been with soy (I am not a soy fan). Yum!

Monday was Polenta with Garden Vegetables day. Good stuff!
On Wednesday, I made Southwest Cheese Bread. Not bad.

And that concludes the past few days of my cooking and eating. I've noticed that we spend a lot less money on food by cooking our dinners. I will definitely continue this trend.

No comments: