Friday, July 24, 2009

Gogol Bordello rocks my socks!

Wednesday night we had the opportunity to see Gogol Bordello at People's Court. The tickets were pretty cheap, and we had an awesome close-up view of the action. I don't remember last time I had this much fun.

Multi-ethnic gypsy punk at its finest:
It was crazy - lots of moshing and body surfing. Awesome.Sergey Ryabtsev and Eugene Hütz...
Eugene up close...
Eugene, again...
Kevin Snider from DeLeon, the opening band. S and D went crazy for him.
Sisters M and Z before the show, ready to rock.
Immigrant punks all sweaty and flushed after the show.
It was crazy awesome. And I have tons and tons of more pictures, but I couldn't put them all on here. I just selected a random few.

4 comments:

S said...

Hellz yeah! That was some awesome, sweaty fun!!!

beartifix said...

It was... I am still enjoying the aftermath of it all.

S said...

...I already miss the excitement.

beartifix said...

Z's boyfriend saw them a few weeks later in New Jersey, and Eugene was wearing the exact same outfit that he wore in Des Moines! He probably hasn't even bathed since.